One of our most popular floor plans, the Comal Creek home design has loads of space in the downstairs with future space in the upstairs including a game room, a full bathroom, and a bedroom. Many iterations of this home have been built for Kurk Home's clients and each have been customized to their liking.
The mud entry from the garage has built-ins, a powder room, and a large utility room that has a conveniently designed door into the master closet.
This stunning home combines both our Texas Hill Country and Modern Farmhouse build styles to create a unique and inviting exterior that incorporates the surrounding nature. Our home builder design team chose cohesive exterior selections including a stucco finish made to look like board and batten siding along with a mahogany front door helps this home feel warm and welcome. See a comprehensive list of the exterior selections below.
Being built as our model home and design center, we went with finishes, paints, and stains that we knew our Hill Country buyers would love. Featuring neutral colors that compliment the surrounding nature and interior wood, we were able to bring in the outdoor feel throughout the home.
When designing your home, we walk with you every step of the way to ensure you're happy with your investment. With the details below, you can match this style or create your own perfect home with a custom floor plan.
- Espinoza Stone in white with white mortar
- Custom stucco finish made to look like board and batten siding
- Fascia and soffit in Sherwin Williams SW7020 Black Fox
- Cedar trusses, brackets, columns, and pine tongue & groove ceiling with Natural Sealant by Sherwin Williams
- Windows by Ply Gem with frames in dark bronze
- Metal roof by Berridge in dark bronze
- Mahogany front door by Seybro 3080 Marginal 6 Lite 8’ Over 1 Panel stained in Old Hickory
Walking in from the double door front entry, the study with double barn doors is opposite of the formal dining room with access through a butlers/wine pantry into the kitchen.
Interior selections and furnishings make houses feel like homes. We know not every style will appeal to everyone which is why we chose neutral yet fun furnishings. Everyday use items like door handles and faucets can have a major impact on the way you go about your day as a Kurk Homes homeowner.
- Front door hardware in Avalon style by Kwikset. Other handles in Montreal style also by Kwikset.
- Matte black kitchen faucet and brushed nickel faucets by Moen
- Kitchen and butler's pantry quartz countertops in Mica and Muse. Granite bathroom counters in leathered finish Fantasy Brown, Micro Diamond, Valle Nevado, and White Ice, master closet in Polished Fantasy Brown, utility counters in Gran Perla. Outdoor kitchen counters in leathered finish Valle Nevado.
- Guest suite bathroom and closet floor in 8x8 Quartetto by Dal Tile
- Bathroom recessed shower floor in 2x2 Suede Gray by Dal Tile
- Bathroom 3 floor in 13x20 Ayers Rock Majestic Mound by Dal Tile
- Bathroom 4 floor in Bee Hive Medley Hex with black grout
- Fireplace in Lavaliere Harlewuin Carrara White and Antique Mirror by Dal Tile
- Butler's pantry backsplash in Geometal Nickel Floret 6x6 by Dal Tile
- Guest suite in Portfolio Dove Gray 12x24 with silver grout
- Guest bathroom 3 in Avery White 12x24 with warm gray grout and accent in Majestic Mound 3x3
- Guest bathroom 4 in Matte Arctic White 4x8 with herringbone accent in Natural Hues 2x8 Peacock
Paints & Stains
- Entire home in Sherwin Williams SW 7029 Agreeable Gray
- Study, powder, and utility room in SW 7015 Repose Gray with study accent wall in SW 7048 Urbane Bronze
Stunning from the entrance through the dining room! Recessed lighting combined with multiple windows and chandeliers bathe this home in light from every angle.
Double 5-panel sliding barn doors adorn the outside of the study sharing a wall with the entrance of the home.
The bathrooms in this home all have their own design and aesthetic. From the cabinetry stains and counters to the flooring and light fixtures, each bathroom is unique with its own personality.
Set back a bit from the entrance of the home, the living room is highlighted with large panels of glass butted together allowing an unobstructed view of the natural mesquite trees scattered throughout the hill country.
The living area is open to the eat-in kitchen island and breakfast room, and both the living and breakfast areas contain floor to ceiling windows opening the view to the huge covered patio and beyond.
This open-concept kitchen complete with GE Monogram appliances is perfect for gatherings with a 6 burner stove and over-the-range pot filler. These premium appliances joined with a GE French door refrigerator, GE built-in dishwasher, and GE microwave drawer make the perfect space for a home chef.
The island at the center of the space doubles as an eat-in kitchen with seating available.
With a centrally located fireplace, the home has separate wings for the guest suite, with access to the covered patio, and the master suite, which also has access to the covered patio and outdoor kitchen. The guest suite wall with high wainscoting is in Sherwin William's Sea Serpent along with the reversed trim colors in Sea Serpent.
This master bedroom with a cathedral shiplap ceiling is sure to stun. Multiple windows, recessed lighting, and a chandelier fill the room with light while staying comfy with above average insulation and thick exterior walls.
Master Bathroom Selections:
This master bathroom is fit for a king and his queen. A freestanding tub with overhead chandelier are at the center point along with ample cabinetry and counter space.
- Moen Belfield one handle tub filler
- Moen Dartmoor rain shower heads
- Counters and shower seat is 3CM Fantasy Brown in a honed, leather finish
- Flooring: DalTile Esquisite Ivory 12x24 with warm gray grout
- Shower wall tile accent in DalTile Center City in Carlton Beige
- Tub niche tile in DalTile Center City in Delancy Gray with cobblestone grout
Tucked behind the wall of the standalone tub, the walk-in shower with dual shower heads and a granite seat is ready for rinsing.
Finishing it off with entertaining in mind, we added a nicely equipped outdoor kitchen for all those family get togethers. This porch is made to be relaxed on. With room for seating, a sleek steel railing, cedar wrapped beams, and a pine tongue and groove ceiling, being outdoors has never been so easy.
Take a virtual tour of the home!
Building and designing homes is what we're all about so creating this beautiful home in the Vintage Oaks community was truly a labor of love. It's open to the public and ready for tour!
Does your family have a specific design in mind or just ready to build on your own land? Sometimes getting all of your ideas in one spot can be a challenge.
Fill out the questionnaire below to organize the great ideas you may have. This tool was specifically created for our designers to get closer to truly designing your dream home, based on your ideas!
Build Your Custom Home With a Team of Proven Professionals
Kurk Homes is a third-generation, full-service build on your lot custom home builder in Houston and the Texas Hill Country. We offer a 20-year structural warranty and are the only Southern Living Custom Builder to do so.
Our high standards include 2 x 6 exterior walls, Energy Star & Guardian Home Certification, and meticulous third-party inspections. We are #BuiltOnTradition and have been designing and building from the Gulf Coast to the Hill Country for over 30 years.
Ready to start designing with your custom home builders? Let's get started.